Monday, October 27, 2008

The Count Down Begins


The count down actually began back in April.


But here I am past the 'one month to go mark'. To be completely accurate I have 19 days and 6 hours until I board a plane to Phuket. Then I will be spending the next four weeks in amazing Thailand (Well I haven't been there yet so I can't say for sure it's amazing, but hey from what I have heard).


So for anyone who doesn't know this is the plan:

Eight Days in Phuket, staying in a very nice, touristy resort. And then up to Bangkok to start the real adventure. From Bangkok I am going north to Ayuthura (the old capital) then to Chiang Mai. From there I will be doing a three day hill trek though Northern Thailand.

Then over to Chiang Rai. This is also known as the Goldern Triangle where up until recently a lot of the world's heroin supply originated from. While in Chiang Rai I get to cross into Burma (Myanmar) for a day which will be fun...if I don't get shot.

From there I go down to Kanchiburi and back to Bangkok, where I will stay for five nights. During this time I plan on doing a buttload of shopping and truely experiencing the culture by going to ping pong shows.

I must say though, this damn Australian currency issue is getting me down. $1 AUS is currently buying 21 BAHT, which is still a good conversion, but 14 BAHT less than when I started planning the trip. Oh well it just means instead of two beers every hour, I'll just have one. The $150 USD that have to buy will be the main pain in the ass.


Anyway...please be sure to check in with the blog and have a read of what I am doing. I would love to hear from you while I'm away too. I don't want to be out of the loop! You can like subscribe by clicking 'follow this blog' and comment it and stuff. WOO!

Peace,

Aidan

4 comments:

  1. I'm really going miss you man :(

    To commemorate you going, I wrote this poem for you:

    A is for Aidan, pretty and sweet
    I is for Indian, a good snack to eat.
    D is for danish, another snack food,
    A is for ass, but that's a bit crude.
    N is for naked, or in other words, nude!

    Sam

    Ps. Ice ice baby!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'll missmissmiss you dude!
    but as long as you swear we hang out to the max when u get back, i'll be okay with you going, but only just! jks!

    can't wait to hear about thailand through your writings aidz, its going to be absolutely amazing i already know!

    ill write to you all the time!

    love iron stef =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. okay.....i am so ridiculously jealous..let me in your suitcase?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don't leave me sexyman! haha have a good one! Put those mad Journalism skills we learned to good use!

    ReplyDelete